Referral Policy Effective August 1, 2015
The Union shall evaluate the applicant and place the applicant in the Group for which he qualifies in accordance with the Labor Agreement.
The applicant shall sign the appropriate "Out of Work" Book, and print his name, phone number, and Local Union number if applicable. The applicant shall be advised of his Group Number and his position within that Group.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify the Local Union office of any changes to information provided
Applicants must re-register monthly. Re-registration shall be via e-mail, fax or in person. Applicant must re-register in person every 90 days.
All applicants for referral may appear in person at the Office to receive the "Official Referral Slip" which is to be presented to the Employer. However, in an effort to expedite the process the "Official Referral Slip" may be sent directly to the Employer by other means. The administrator shall also note on the Referral Slip the date when the applicant is referred. All applicants when referred for employment shall sign a referral slip.
An applicant who is rejected for employment by the Employer shall immediately notify the Administrator.
The Office shall remove from the list, the name of any applicant who accepts a referral, but fails to report to work.
Procedure for Referral
- Calls for Manpower will be recorded on the job line and the web site daily by 4:00 P.M. A brief description of the nature of the call will be provided stating the names of the employers, the start date, the number of positions available and the anticipated duration (if available). The recorder will show date and time of each call receive. If there are no calls for manpower that day, a message to that effect will be on the recorder.
- If you are interested in a referral for any of the jobs, at the conclusion of the recorded information state your name, job preferences(s), and a phone number where you can be reached the next morning. When using the web site you will bid on each job separately with job preference noted in the e mail. If more than one job is posted you must bid on all jobs in order of prefernce. If you fail to bid on all jobs and a job is subsequently filled by someone below you this will be considered a turn down and a strike will be issued.
- At 7:30 A.M. the following morning, or on Monday at 7:30 A.M., if applicable, the job line will be turned off. All respondents will be ranked according to their position on the "Out of Work" list and will be called in this order between 8:00 A.M. and 10:00 A.M. We will call you at the number that you left on the recorder.
- All respondents who have not been contacted by 10:00 A.M. the following morning can assume that their referral position was not high enough to be issued a referral. Any new work calls or unfilled calls will be put on the job line for referral the following day.
- An applicant who is hired and who receives, through no fault of his own, straight time work of forty hours or less shall be restored to his appropriate place within his Group.
- Registrants will be allowed two turn downs without penalty and will have his/her name removed from the Out of Work list for a third refusal. Turn down shall be handled accordingly. Any regular job referred to someone below you on the Out of Work list is considered a turn down. Turn downs will be monitored for regular calls only. Documented medical reasons, and specialty work will not be considered a turn down.
- Any referral applicant recording a job preference who subsequently declines the job will be removed from the out-of-work register and must re-register in person.
- All calls will be filled in a timely manner as needed by Employers. In an emergency, referral may have to be made outside normal hours using whatever means are available to fill calls and place registrants.
- Sign in may take place anytime during normal operating hours of the Local Union office.
- Individuals who receive two (2) discharges for cause within a twelve (12) month period will be suspended from future referral privileges until they appear before the Appeals Committee for a determination as to their continued eligibility for referral.
- Any person called to "active duty" while on the "out of work list" shall have his name marked "active duty" and will hold his place on the list without re-sign until his return from active duty. He must notify the referral agent within fifteen (15) working days of his return.
Requirements for Referral
DRUG TESTING – All first time referrals will be subject to a drug test.
The Appeals Committee consists of: A Union Member, an Employer Member and a Public Member.